What to Say When: Employee Collection
- Course Format
Video On Demand
- Product ID
- Training Time ?
- 63 to 95 minutes
- Video Format
- High Definition
- Required Plugins
- Number of Lessons
- Quiz Questions
- Question Feedback
- Wrong Answer Remediation
- Lesson Bookmarking
- Downloadable Resources
- Interactive Producer
- Mastery Training Content Network
- Original Content Producer
- Telephone Doctor
Have you ever been in conversation with a team member and you said the wrong thing and made the situation worse? The way we communicate with our co-workers and bosses plays a major role in our success in the workplace. It is important to learn how to communicate clearly with all those around you to avoid conflict and ensure everyone is doing their part to reaching company goals.
This course features 16 lessons from the What To Say When series on workplace communication. These particular vignettes focus on issues all employees may encounter at the workplace. This course can be used to prepare employees with communication strategies before an issue arises, or to help remediate a situation currently going on. Each short vignette presents a common communication dilemma, and Human Resource expert, Hugh Murray, shares the communication strategies and tactics for dealing with the issue.
The employee collection covers issues related to communicating with one’s boss, resolving conflicts with co-workers, making ethical decisions, asking for help, and being an accountable team member. Each lesson in this course features a narrative example, demonstrating the right and wrong way to handle a problem. The entire course ends with a learning assessment to measure learner comprehension. The course also includes a leader guide and a downloadable “key points“ document to help you remember the communication strategy for each topic. Use this course with your team to ensure smooth communication when issues arise.
Note: The lessons in this course are available as individual courses if you are only interested in one specific topic.
This course is in the Video On Demand format, to read about Video On Demand features click here.
- Install on any SCORM LMS
- Full-screen video presentation
- Print certificate and wallet card
- You have 60 days to complete the course
- You're New on the Job
- You Need Help with Work
- The Boss Keeps Changing Priorities
- Your Boss Doesn't Notice Your Contributions
- You See an Opportunity to Do Things Better
- You Need to Persuade a Colleague
- You're Asked to Compromise Your Ethics
- You Need to Break a Commitment
- Someone Breaks a Commitment
- Someone Criticizes You
- It's Someone Else's Fault
- Someone Disagrees with You
- A Co-Worker is Negative
- You Have a Personality Clash with a Co-Worker
- A Co-Worker is Too Social
- A Co-Worker Has an Embarrassing Problem