Emotional Intelligence and Optimal Performance
- Course Format
Video On Demand
- Product ID
- Training Time ?
- 16 to 24 minutes
- Video Format
- High Definition
- Devices Supported
- Browsers Supported
- Android, Chrome, Internet Explorer 9, Internet Explorer 10, FireFox, Safari Mac OS, Safari iOS, Blackberry
- Required Plugins
- Number of Lessons
- Quiz Questions
- Question Feedback
- Wrong Answer Remediation
- Lesson Bookmarking
- Downloadable Resources
- Interactive Producer
- Mastery Technologies, Inc.
- Original Content Producer
- StressStop/AudioVision Inc.
This training helps people understand what emotional intelligence is and how to use it to one’s benefit by learning to react to stressors in a helpful and positive way. Some of the major sections teach people to be aware of emotions and how to regulate the distressing emotions. Using relaxation techniques first, and reacting later can make a big difference in how one reacts. Constant worrying is harmful thinking, but optimal performers learn how to regulate and control this type of thinking.
Learning how to recover quickly from heightened emotions also helps elevate emotional intelligence as well. Practicing how to do this, helps over time. The last section of the course places an emphasis on empathy. It is a great way to manage stress.
Listening to others first, and understanding where people come from also shows emotional intelligence. The training helps workers understand how to do this, and why it is important in lowering one’s own stress level.
This course is in the Video On Demand format, to read about Video On Demand features click here.
- Install on any SCORM LMS
- Full-screen video presentation
- Print certificate and wallet card
- You have 60 days to complete the course
Anyone who works with others
- Learning Emotional Intelligence
- Step 1: Promoting Awareness
- Step 2: Self-regulate Your Nervous System
- Step 3: Challenge Negative Thoughts and Worries
- Step 4: Recover Quickly From an Emotional Episode
- Step 5: Respond Empathically